How to Plan Your Portfolio
Your instructional design portfolio isn't just a collection of documents; it's your ticket to success in this field.
In this week’s episode, discover the essential components of a standout instructional design portfolio. Learn how to create a polished online course project, and gain insights on choosing the right platform to showcase your work, setting you on the path to success in the field.
Essential Learning Points:
- Recognize the significance of building a portfolio in the field of instructional design.
- How to use a portfolio to showcase your learning, expertise, abilities, creativity, and knowledge to potential clients and employers?
- Gain knowledge of various hosting platforms for portfolios.
- Why is ongoing learning, engagement in forums, and seeking feedback from peers important to enhance portfolio development skills?
- "Building a portfolio is great practice for every professional, but it's a must-have in instructional design."
- "A good portfolio can set you apart from the rest of the candidates."
- "You want your core portfolio pieces to be as polished as possible."
- "All of those small steps will add up to huge success."
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.