What is the Growth Mindset Theory?
In the ever-evolving landscape of education, a transformative approach to learning that challenges traditional notions of intelligence and achievement has gained prominence.
Join us in this episode, where we emphasize how one's mindset can significantly affect their approach to learning. Learn why understanding the growth mindset is crucial for online teachers as it can help them connect with their students and employ effective learning techniques.
Essential Learning Points:
- How effective was growth mindset training for students with declining math grades, according to the research?
- What are the two types of intelligence, according to Carol Dweck?
- How can online teachers help their students develop a growth mindset, and what resources or techniques can they use?
- "Growth mindset is the idea that anyone can do anything when they put in the effort.”
- "If a person lacks a growth mindset, they are said to have a fixed mindset, which is a belief that their intelligence is unchangeable."
- "Understanding the theory of growth mindset is essential for online teachers to be the most effective teachers that they can be.”
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.