Tips on Designing Assessments
Have you ever wondered about the strategic intricacies behind designing an effective eLearning course?
In this episode, let’s unravel the key steps to a successful eLearning course, focusing on the often overlooked but critical aspect of assessments. Explore how these elements contribute to a seamless and impactful eLearning experience.
Essential Learning Points:
- Why is it crucial to consider course goals during the assessment design process?
- What factors should designers consider when determining learner assessment methods?
- Why is assessment considered a shared responsibility among learners, instructors, and peers?
- Why is it important to have specific objectives for both the entire course and each module or unit during the assessment design process?
- "Assessments should be designed considering the goals of the course and information gathered in goal and learner analysis, aligned with written learning objectives.”
- Assess skills in a context as close to the performance setting as possible, using clear, well-written questions without intentionally complicating or misleading aspects.”
- "Consider the goals of instruction when designing assessments, using performance objectives created during the analysis phase to create effective assessments.”
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
- 5 Quick and Easy Ways to Enhance eLearning Skills (https://www.eteachonline.com/5tipselearning)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.