Components of Learning Objectives
Learning objectives serve as the compass guiding both educators and learners through the vast landscape of knowledge acquisition.
In this week’s episode, we will be focusing on the fundamental aspect that shapes the success of any learning experience. Let’s explore learning objectives and discover how these components form the backbone of effective e-learning.
Essential Learning Points:
- What are the key components of the ARCS model, and how do they address the motivation of online students?
- How does relevance to learners' interests, goals, and learning styles contribute to the effectiveness of e-learning content?
- The significance of learning objectives in e-learning, and how do they contribute to student motivation
- “Motivation is a key component in selecting effective resources.”
- “Satisfaction refers to positive feelings about one's accomplishments and learning experiences.”
- “In an e-learning course, learners need to have a clear understanding of what is expected of them.”
- “It is important to remember that the best objectives are explicit and exclude meanings other than your intent, such as to know versus to write.”
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
- Writing Learning Objectives Guide (https://www.eteachonline.com/objectivesguide)
- Assign Objectives (https://www.eteachonline.com/harper-method-step2-signup)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.