What are Formative Assessments?
Imagine a learning environment where every click, every answer, and every insight fuels your progress—welcome to the world of formative assessments, where learning is not just a destination but a continuous evolution.
In this week’s episode, we’ll understand how these assessments serve as essential compasses, guiding learners and instructors alike through the intricate terrain of education. Discover strategies for how formative assessments are shaping the future of learning by fostering continuous improvement and tailored educational experiences.
Essential Learning Points:
- The purpose of formative assessments in e-learning
- What is the purpose of goal checks in formative assessment?
- The importance of customizing content based on student progress in formative assessment
- What are some types of questions used in different formative assessments?
- “Formative assessments help you track learner progress throughout the duration of a course and offer learners feedback to improve their e-learning experience.”
- “Successful completion of formative assessments provides feedback on knowledge gained, skills developed, and areas needing further development.”
- “Formative assessment provides opportunities for learners to identify areas of improvement and expand knowledge with timely feedback.”
- “Implementing effective formative assessments is crucial for delivering a better e-learning course, and learners should be encouraged to apply these practices.”
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
- 5 Quick and Easy Ways to Enhance eLearning Skills (https://www.eteachonline.com/5tipselearning)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.