How Do Sub-Skill and Entry Behavior Shape Your eLearning Path?
Effective instructional design hinges on identifying the key skills and entry behaviors associated with the core competency or task at hand, serving as the foundation for your learning objectives.
In this episode, we'll explore how these elements come together to create an effective instructional design framework. So, stay tuned as we unravel the intricacies of designing instruction that truly engages and empowers learners.
Essential Learning Points:
- The common starting points for instructors in the instructional design process.
- How do you identify the learning objectives for a course or training program?
- What is the importance of having a clear understanding of entry behaviors and prior knowledge in instructional design?
- How do entry behaviors and prior knowledge differ in terms of their focus and purpose in instruction?
- "You need to identify the skills and entry behaviors associated with the aligned core competency or whole task. These skills will be your learning objectives.”
- "Objective writing is one of the most difficult and time-consuming of all tasks.”
- "As a general rule, you can stop your analysis when you begin identifying skills and knowledge your learners should have prior to instruction.”
- "To design effective instruction, it's important to have a clear picture of what you want your students to know and be able to do.”
Important Links and Mentions:
- Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers (https://www.eteachonline.com/toolkit)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community & Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/join)
- Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Mastermind LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/company/idforbeginners/)
- 5 Quick and Easy Ways to Enhance eLearning Skills (https://www.eteachonline.com/5tipselearning)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.