Why Clients Aren't Hiring You for Freelance Instructional Design Work and How to Get Job Offers
Why aren't freelance clients or hiring agencies contacting you for your freelance instructional design work?
You could have the most incredible services to offer...
Projects that you've spent tirelessly perfecting each and every element of them...
It's by far one of the most frustrating aspects of trying to find freelance or consulting work for your instructional design career and business.
But clients aren't returning your call, and you're left scratching your head, wondering why.
Well, there may be a good reason for it…
And in this week's episode, I'll help you discover what it is.
You'll hear about five common reasons why clients or hiring agencies aren't hiring you and, more importantly, ways to turn those limitations around and get those job offers to come to you instead of the other way around.
There are also some bonus networking tips in the episode that will undoubtedly help you land your next gig!
Essential Learning Points:
- The significance of developing your professional brand
- Why having a professionally built website attracts higher-paying clients
- How to create unique outcomes for your potential clients
- Being strategic and doing your research about what clients are looking for
"Successful instructional design freelancers and consultants always network and create those life-lasting profitable relationships."
"Freelance and consulting instructional design clients hire you for your outcomes, not your skills."
Important Links and Mentions:
- The ID PLAN Academy (https://www.eteachonline.com/idplan-waitlist)
- Freelance Instructional Designers Mastermind FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/eteachonline)
- Greenshot (https://greenshot.org/)
Thank You For Listening
I really appreciate you listening to me and supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show on Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful in reaching my audience, and I read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.