Instructional designers and course creators need to possess a versatile skillset in order to create effective eLearning courses and materials to meet their intended goals.
That's why in today's blog post I'm going to tell you about the super powers every excellent instructional designer needs to have...
Instructional designers are integral and necessary to the success in the eLearning space.
They use theory and research to design and develop materials that teach and train specified groups of people, from kids in school to professionals in the workplace.
Instructional designers and course creators work with subject matter experts, a diverse range of formats, and multimedia production platforms.
Common Tasks of an Instructional Designer
- Write and develop learning objectives
- Organize, write, and shape content from a subject matter expert into different lessons or modules
- Ensure the content matches the given objectives
- Structure content and activities to maximize learning
- Develop assessments
- Revise and rewrite scripts using content from a subject-matter expert to put them into learner-friendly language
- Create the layout of instructional materials
- Develop audio, visual, and interactive media
- Storyboard content
- Plan and create learning activities, knowledge checks, and assessments
- Create visual aids, student guides, instructor guides, or training manuals to accompany the content
- Collaborate with team members
Conduct any research required to design and develop the materials
Are you ready to break into the field of instructional design?
To begin your transition to instructional design, be ready to learn so many things.
Do you see yourself doing this? Do you feel passionate about designing instructional content? Is it worth the hard work?
If your answer is YES, then consider joining the eLearning & Instructional Design for Beginners Community!
The community will help you become a successful instructional designer or eLearning course creator without the burden of having to return to school!
Since opening in 2019, I've now helped thousands of people who are new to the field design interactive and engaging eLearning content. I can help you too! Click here to get started.
eLearning and Instructional Design for Beginners Community
- In-depth courses & training
Access my rapidly growing library, attend monthly live training & accountability support groups
- Exclusive tools & members-only discounts
Tools, templates, downloads, checklists and more - plus receive special perks & discounts
- Supportive community & network
Feedback and support from fellow instructional designers, career-driven business owners, and experts who will keep you on track
Get Your Software Toolkit for Instructional Designers
Tools & processes that will help you plan, build, and grow your instructional design career and freelance business.